April 21: Free Naturalization Workshop
900 Otay Lakes Rd.,Chula Vista, CA 91910. Free Parking.
- Money Order for N-400 Application Fee: $680 (made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security) OR fee waiver documents (see below).
- Lawful Permanent Residence (LPR) card / also known as “green card”.
- Identification Documents: (1) Social Security # and (2) California Driver’s License or ID (if you have one).
- Spouse’s Info: (1) birthdate, (2) Social Security #, and (3) citizenship certificate or LPR card (if immigrant).
- Children’s Info: (1) birthdates, (2) current addresses, and (3) LPR cards or A numbers (if immigrants).
- Marriage Certificates: for ALL of your marriages and ALL of your current spouse’s marriages.
- Divorce Decrees (with date marriage ended): for ALL your divorces AND your current spouse’s divorces.
- Employment History: employer name, address, and start and end dates for ALL jobs in the last 5 years.
- Home Addresses: for last 5 years with the year and month of EACH move.
- Travel Dates: dates and destinations of ALL trips outside of the US (only trips of more than 24 hours).
- Court Papers (charging documents, judgements and orders) for ALL criminal arrests and convictions.
- Men Only: Selective Service # and date registered (if known).
You might qualify for waiver of the application fee:
If you or your spouse receive means-tested public assistance, you might qualify for a waiver of the $680 application fee. Bring evidence of Medicaid, Medi-Cal, Food Stamps, Cash Assistance (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or CalWORKs benefits that you currently receive.
You might qualify for an English waiver:
If you are over 50 years old and have been a permanent resident for at least 20 years OR are over 55 years old and have been a permanent resident for 15 years, you may take the civics test in your native language. Bring addresses where you have lived in the US since becoming a resident.